7/15/08

Emery's Birthday

Our best friends the Lukes came to visit from Memphis and it just so happened that they got here on Emery's birthday. Their son Hunter and Emery are only eight days apart and love to play together. They had fun out in our little kiddie pool and played with toys and books really well together.






I took a cake decorating class about 4 years ago so that I could make cakes for my kids' birthdays and Emery was old enough this year to appreciate it. Elmo was Kevin's idea, so we went to Wal-mart and bought some coloring paste and fondant and printed off a picture of someone elses Elmo cake from Google images. We colored some fondant pieces black and orange and made a TON of red frosting. Thank goodness the Lukes were here to help us. It took all four of us about 3 1/2 hours to make it (and I had baked the cake earlier that morning!). Needless to say, I don't think I'll ever do it again by myself!

Here is the completed cake:



8 comments:

Kirstin said...

Wow, Erin. I'm so impressed. That is an adorable cake. I bet it was fun to see the Lukes. I bet Heather looks so cute, pregnant. You look great too, post delivery. I'm impressed. I hope I can look that awake and cheerful, too. Anyway, have a good one.

Linda said...

Erin!
I love, love, love the cake! how great it is!

Love,
Linda

J said...

That is the most amazing cake that I have ever seen in my life! I LOVE ELMO!

J said...

That is the most amazing cake that I have ever seen in my life! I LOVE ELMO!

Lolo said...

You did such a good job on that cake! That is talent. My boy, Caleb, would have loved an Elmo cake like that. Plus, you look so good for just having a baby!!

Lindsay said...

Very impressive! You are always doing very creative things. Happy Birthday Emery!

Critchfield fam said...

How fun! Great cake job! How did you make the nose and eyes? Kailee loves Elmo too. We need to see more baby pics!

Sandi said...

Just wanted you to know that I am looking at your blog today. I don't think I ever congratulated you on the new baby. Well, Congratulations! Your girls are adorable, and the cake is very impressive!