10/8/08

Hot Mac N' Peas


I've been wanting to do this for a while now...I'm hoping to highlight a favorite recipe from my week of meals every week. We'll see how long it lasts. I just like to share good recipes and ideas. I usually get my ideas from other people, but this one came from my little brain - Hot Mac N' Peas. "Hot" for hotdogs, "Mac" for macaroni and cheese, and "Peas" for, well peas of course! It is Emery's favorite dish and she calls it "noodles". She tells me they're "licious". This meal is something I used to make in college and I secretly love it too:)

Just make the box of macaroni and cheese as directed and add 4 cut-up hot dogs and a cup of frozen peas toward the end of boiling the noodles. When the noodles are done, drain the whole pot and then return to the pot. I add half the butter called for (2TBL instead of 4) and the called-for 1/4 Cup skim milk with the cheese packet. Emery loves to help me stir and eats a TON of it. When we've finished what we want for lunch, I put the leftovers in individual portion sized ziplock bags to freeze. Its easy, a little more healthy, and fun! :)

1 comment:

Lolo said...

Ha! I remember you making that. You even shared it with me a couple of times:) It was "licious" all right!