2/6/09

ETSY

000_0012I’m hooked.  I’m obsessed. I’m going crazy! 

So, a couple weeks ago I watched an episode of Studio5 –on KSL and got an idea to make purses from old wool sweaters and I wanted to try it.  I dropped everything on slate for the day and packed my girls up to go to DI for some sweaters.  I found two that I wanted and brought them home.  If you know me at all, when I get an idea in my head I have to do it NOW and it has to get done NOW.  All of my mothering and house-keeping  responsibilities fly out the window and I go into “project mode”.  It’s really sad.  I need help. 

And then I decide I want to try to sell them… 

So since those first two sweaters, I drove all the way out to the Sandy DI to check out their inventory and got five more sweaters for $20.  So, two weeks, 5 handbags, 2 pairs of wool baby shoes and an “Etsy shop” later, I have not sold anything and am OBSESSED with checking to see if people have looked at my items.  I probably check my email and my shop 12 times a day!  SERIOUSLY? Is that healthy? 

If you know anything about Etsy, you know there are over 4,000 purses/handbags for sale and I really don’t have much of a chance…I’m not really in it for the money (money  is nice, but not necessary at this point – I don’t want to stress out about it – but wait, I think I am anyway!) I just like to keep my hands busy.

I’m not begging for mercy or for you to be interested AT ALL in what I have in my Etsy, I jut wanted to get someone else hooked too.

Do you have an Etsy story?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I know nothing about ETSY, but your bags are SUPER cute. Maybe I need Aaron to get me one for valentines.

Anonymous said...

your bags are super cute! I love the red checkered one. And i really like the brown one with the pink flower too. How are you so creative and how can you make such cute things?!

Unknown said...

how cute are you??!!?? I LOVE THESE!! I too, watched Studio 5 that day. I love that show!! I saw that project and it was waaay over my head, so I didnt even attempt!! Yours are PERFECT!! Nice work!!! :) and good luck!! :)

Jodi said...

I checked them out. Loved them :)! Those little shoes are so precious too! Good idea.

Julie said...

You crack me up! I feel your pain about getting an idea and having to do it NOW! Oh and your creativity and talent amaze me... teach me the way.

Lindsay said...

This is the first time I've heard of Etsy, I'll have to check your bags out. I know exactly what you mean about getting hooked on projects. I think for me it is healthy because I like to change thins up every once in a while.

Marquardson Family said...

These are too cute!! I love the brown one! You are so crafty!

We added you to our blog list to keep in touch with you guys!

Hope all is well!
Megan