5/13/08

Emery's Room

So two weeks ago I went to IKEA with my mom to purchase a list of things I needed for the house and found some light pink sheets for Emery at $3 a piece. I bought a set for her bedding, two to make a bedspread out of, and one full-size one to make a curtain for her closet. So, for about $12 I got complete bedding and a curtain for her room! Hooray! I went to my mom's last week to make the curtain and covered my own buttons with material I had left over from making her blocks (see below on the shelf). I also found some more of that same material I bought last year at full-price for 1/2 price at mormon handicraft to make a curtain for the window. (Haven't done that yet) It feels good to be thrifty and to find cute things for her room. This shelf was at IKEA too - $11. I just had to paint it blue and screw it together. I like it 'cause it's bigger and cheaper than the one I bought at Michaels for the family room ($14 there). The flowers and dragon fly came from Wal-Mart (.50 a piece!) and the string and clothes pins I've had since my first visit to IKEA a year ago. I knew I'd be able to use them sometime!:)
These last two are Emery in her BIG bed. She loves it so much. I put her down around noon and don't hear a peep from her sometimes till 4! I know, I'm spoiled! I'm trying to enjoy the quiet time before the baby comes. I think we're also spoiled because she's a scaredy cat - she won't get off her bed without our help. It's really not that high off the ground! We'll try to coax her off and she'll turn around and start to scoot off. She gets about 3 inches from the floor before she gets scared and pulls herself back on the bed. I was nervous to put her in a big bed 'cause I'd heard of other kids who get out too early in the morning or don't nap long enough...the opposite has occurred. She'll stay in her bed for A LONG time before we hear her to get her out. :) I think she might be my daughter - I was the 2 year old who when told it was bed time, would run up the stairs and climb into my crib on my own. Mmmmm, I've always loved to sleep!:)

I tried for a couple minutes to make her take her Binky out to smile for the camera - she's smiling underneath and is completely content. Who wouldn't be?





3 comments:

Megan said...

What a huge blessing, I'm envious!

The Ballard Family said...

I love everything you have been up to with your house, sewing projects, deal hunting. Those are some of my favorite things! Your house looks soooo nice and cozy and BIG. I am very jealous...:) I love your couches by the way. They look so great and I'm sure you love them even more because they were on sale. My motto is to never pay full price for anything. Sometimes this motto can be exhausting, but soooo rewarding. Good job!

I love Emery's dress. Soooo cute! And a four hour nap sometimes? That must be a joke! That will come in very handy when the new baby comes. You may get some sleep after all! Good job Emery!

Critchfield fam said...

That is sooooo cute. I can't wait to switch Kailee to a bed; I think it will be fun. I'm waiting for her to understand what a big bed is... I want her to get excited about it. If I tried that now, she'd roll right off and NEVER go to sleep... she'd fall off, cry, then go and start knocking on her door crying, lol. How old is Emery? By the way, you are sooooo crafty! I love Emery's room. The blocks are ADORABLE! Please tell me how you made them. Her dress is so cute; I love the bows on the shoulders. So, does Emery take a 4 hr. nap or just 2 hrs. and then admire her bed the other 2 hrs.? lol. I wish my baby were here in 27 days... you make me sick! jk