5/3/08

New House

We're finally up and running! Just a couple days ago we finally got our internet and phone set-up. I had forgotten how much I depend on "being connected" with the world. I think I thought about looking something up on the internet at least a dozen times a day. I love to have so much information at my fingertips! Emery and I spent all week catching up on your blogs and I think we finally feel normal again. :) I started today by straightening up the whole house so I could video it for your viewing pleasure. When I got to the end of videoing, I realized it was over 10 minutes long and when I watched it over I decided I said WAY too many obvious things...so I re-did the video and it's less than half as long as the first one:) (See video at end of post)

Well, just to give you a run-down of the last few weeks, we spent the week of April 14th packing boxes, saying goodbye to good friends, cleaning our apartment, and finishing finals (Well, just Kevin did that part, I guess. Just a side note - one of his finals was supposed to have taken him 20-30 hours! Can professors really get away with that!? Of, course he refused to spend that much time and he still did really well-he's a genius!). Saturday, April 18th was moving day. Thanks to all those who came to help and offered cleaning power, muscle power and horse power to make the operation run smoothly. We were done moving and cleaning by 11:30 am!!! That left us with plenty of time that afternoon to move into our new house. Thanks again to those who helped there - you can probably breath for a while - I don't think we'll move from here for a really long time. (Another side note - this is the 6th time we've moved in less than 4 years of marriage! It better not happen again for a while!)

The week of April 21st brought lots of unpacking and organizing. Kevin's sister, Kristy (expert Interior Designer) came to help arrange furniture and help me decide where to hang pictures. She is so good and gave me some really good ideas. As you can see from the video, we need more...of just about everything to make it just perfect, but we'll start small - getting the living room furniture here is a first. (It came yesterday!) By the end of the week we headed back to Provo for Kevin's graduation. He even got to wear one of those really cool cape thingy's. He said before we left, "I'm supposed to look smart and I feel like an idiot!" I think he's glad he only has to do that once. It was a great occassion and we are all so proud of his hard work and dedication. Congrats Kev!!

With all the excitement of the previous weeks, this one has kind of been boring and "ho-hum". I always get in a slump when Kevin has to start working full-time in the summer and this "starting to work full-time" will never end! Luckily, he does get good vacation and hopefully he'll be able to save some up so we can go to a couple family reunions this summer. I think I get bored when I feel do-less (yes, that is a word...I think) and don't have activities to plan on every week. (I miss you Koutne and Will!) I just have to get to know people in my ward and start getting ready for this new baby. I don't think I'll be bored when she gets here and I'll start wishing for those long-lost quiet afternoons:) I feel so selfish when I start feeling down, because I really have soooo many things to be grateful for and really should have NO reason to complain or be unhappy. My wise Stake Relief Society President said, "Happiness is finding peace with the stage of life you are in." Life really is wonderful and I'm loving trying to find peace with this stage. Emery is growing up so fast and I try everyday to enjoy getting to know her and getting prepared to know the next adorable Lundgreen to grace the planet!


I know this is a long post, but hopefully you're updated enough. I'll take some still pictures as we get things decorated and furniture appears. Thanks for being so supportive and a part of our lives. We love you all!

10 comments:

Megan said...

Do you feel like you have more potential to develop as a homemaker in your new home? For some reason I feel our new house is allowing me to develop more than I was able to the last few years in the apartment. I'm glad that you guys are settled. I've spent today lining cabinets which is amongst the dullest work there is and so I am taking a break.

Sharon said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It all looks so nice. Enjoy that washer/dryer and dishwasher for all those of us who are still without! :)

erica said...

I'm so excited for you and glad to see you re-connected to the internet. you've been missed.
and good work on the video - it wasn't shaky or anything!

Sarah said...

I am so glad things are going well for you! Remember our bat cave? You decorated it with Christmas lights and it really made it feel "homey." You will do a fab job of decorating your new home. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

You're house is so pretty! I love it! My favorite part is the first 10 seconds though. Emery is the cutest thing ever!

Dawn said...

Your house looks so fun. It will be fun to decorate. I cant wait till Im down that way to come see ya.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jade said...

The place looks great. Thanks for the tour. I'm so excited for you.

J said...

Erin I love your house and I am so happy that you got to move in before you welcome your next child!

Have a glorious day!

Critchfield fam said...

Great tour! Love the house! I bet Emery loves all the space too!