6/2/08

Jane's Room

Well, we're pretty sure baby number two will be "Jane Klea". "Klea" after my wonderful mother-in-law. Emery got a middle name from my side of the family, so we thought it fair and very fitting. We love you Mom Lundgreen! So far, we feel like it fits and we like it a lot.
I was sitting here at the computer during Emery's nap time catching up on all of our friends blogs and feeling strange, crampy contractions every so often, so I decided to walk up stairs to take some pictures of the baby's room and post them before she comes... I'm sitting here again feeling another one, but who knows!? A week before Emery came, Kevin and I went to see Superman in the theater and for about the first hour I had labor pains. Right when I was about to leave the theater, they stopped. ARGH! Contractions are so "tricky" - I wish there was a definitive way to decipher real ones from "fake ones".
Anyway, here are some pics of the baby's room. I feel so lucky that we even have a "baby's room" - a luxury I'm not sure all of our kids will have:) The crib set is the same Emery had, but somehow it looks so much cuter in a real house with cute green walls and a new dresser. (Got an amazing deal in Furniture Warehouse's "scratch-n-dent" section. It had a tiny scratch on the edge at the top and a small black mark on one of its feet. The drawers were still tightly wrapped shut. And to top it off - it was an additional 25% off because of a Memorial Day sale! Sometimes you really find a great piece in there - even if it takes a little digging!) It was so fun to get all our newborn clothes out again and wash them in Dreft-I love that fresh, clean, new-baby smell. I loved to actually have a spot to put all the burp clothes and blankets my mom made for Emery. It will be so fun to wrap Jane in them again!:)

Kourtne and found the cute animals on the wall at Wal-Mart for 55 cents a piece (they have really cute details and felt glued in spots). I just stuck them to the wall with that blue tacky stuff - works wonders!

Latest Dr. report: I'm dilated to a two. I'll be induced on the 12th if she doesn't come before then...We can't wait to meet you Jane!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

How exciting to have a baby coming so soon and how fun to have such a cute nursery!

Dawn said...

Erin,
What a cute baby room. I wish that I could have had seperate rooms for the kids. Oh well I was thinking down the road. I bet you are so excited and ready. I cant wait to see pictures. GUESS WHAT I am pregnant. I am due in January. I must have drank the pregnant water that everyone else has drank lately. Anyways I have only told parents and siblings. I am going to post it on the blog after the ultrasound on July 1st. Anyways let us know when the big day happens. I am always thinkin about ya. Dawn

Anonymous said...

What cute room! I totally hear you about fake vs. real contractions. So frustrating.

Critchfield fam said...

1st of all...love the baby room; good job! 2nd of all... I'm soooo jealous! I wish I was due in 5 days or getting induced on the 12th. I can't wait to see pics of little Jane. I love her name by the way. How do you pronounce Klea? (Klee of Klee-a)?

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Congrats!! You always have great taste. I do have to put in a plug for baby #2's name...my middle name is Jane. I think it's a totally fabulous name. (Sister Chase, my trainer, named her 3rd baby Sarah. I'm so on a roll!!) Take care and hope everyone is doing well. :)