6/17/08

Baby Jane

We are proud to announce the arrival of Jane Klea Lundgreen!

Debut picture:

Hello little one!

Look closely - can you see the dimples? Thanks Daddy! Thanks to mom she'll always have to color her eyebrows and wear mascara with those blond eyelashes and brows:)

Beautiful blond. Or is it red? Or is it... You make the call!

First visitors and shot of REALLY blond hair!:)

First family picture. We have TWO kids?! CRAZY!

Like Kevin mentioned, my labor lasted less than 4 hours. All of you wonderful women who are pregnant right now - I wish the same on you! After having a pretty horrible experience delivering Emery, I was terrified to do the whole thing over again. I just had to keep telling myself that it couldn't be worse. It was night and day, world's apart, and a million times better than the first delivery. I went from 3 and half hours of pushing for Emery down to two. Not two hours...two pushes!!! I went from a non-existent epidural to a very powerful one. I went from an incompetent nursing staff to world-class doctors and RN's. I felt pampered and taken care of. It was WONDERFUL. Recovery has been better too, even with a tear and episiotomy (sp?). Breast feeding has already gotten better and Jane is healthy. She even let me sleep for two four hour stints last night! We have had so much help with Emery that I haven't had to deal with both of them by myself yet.

Needless to say, I am a happy mamma!

Kevin has been so great. He has responded to my every becon-call. Yes, even the one to go pick up a new nursing bra! I dare say that there are only a select few husbands that would do that! He has done laundry, dishes, bathed Emery and showered me with sweet treats and love. I love him so much and give him The Ultimate Dad and Husband Award!

Emery has been really good too. Outside the normal two-year-old tantrums, she has been very happy to have Jane home. She calls her baby Jane-j (she puts a "j" sound at the end of many words). I am so excited to watch them become good friends. I was lucky to have a sister born just under me and we are the best of friends. Emery is a good "fetcher":) She knows how to get diapers and wipes and knows where every trash can in the house is located. She is very soft with Jane and loves to count her body parts. We feel so blessed and humbled to have such wonderful children!


Thanks to all for your love, support and gifts!!

18 comments:

shhluke said...

She's beautiful! I'm so glad to see all the pictures, we check every day. I think the hair looks reddish, but who knows.

Sharon said...

Congrats! She seems so alert and expressive for a newborn! How fun to have such a cute little girl!

Critchfield fam said...

The pics I've been waiting for! She is beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well and you guys have a healthy baby. Does she look at all like Emery looked as a baby?

Katie said...

Congrats you guys! She is just beautiful. Yay for easy and fast second babies! We are very very happy for you.

Dawn said...

Erin,
Oh what a sweet baby. She is beautiful. I think she has both you and kevin in her. It kinda makes me excited to have the third. Keep up with pictures, they change so fast. Let me know when your up to your moms house.

Lolo said...

She is so adorable! Congrats. I had the same problems with my first delivery and the relief with my second too! I hope you are loving it. You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad this was a good experience for you.

Jade said...

Rin, she's BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for your growing family. Congrats to you and Kevin. Keep lots of pictures coming.

Sarah said...

She's fabulous! Thanks for sharing your family photos with us. Glad you are doing well. :)

Emily G said...

Omigoodness, Erin, they are too precious. Emery is so adorable...she is the sweetest thing. And I love Jane's multi-tone red/blonde hair...so so cute. Congratulations. And you look GOOD, Erin. You definitely do not look like you were just in labor on those pictures. Holy moly.

Lindsay said...

I am so happy for all of you, baby Jane is beautiful. Micah was really good at sleeping when we brought him home too, I hope Jane keeps that up. See you when I get back from vacation!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Erin! Your little girls are beautiful!

Janie said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you! Wow - that hair is amazing! She is beautiful. 2nd labors are much better than the first time around huh? :) :) So glad she is here healthy too. You look great!

Melissa said...

Erin-
2 beautiful little girls!! WAY TO GO!! you and Kevin do good work.

Melissa said...

Erin-
2 beautiful little girls!! WAY TO GO!! you and Kevin do good work.

Sandi said...

Congratulations Erin! I am so happy for you. I hope you love being a mommy of two. I am loving being a mom to my 18 month old little boy Riley.
Take care!
Sandi

The Ballard Family said...

What an adorable baby and a lovely name! She is too cute. It is a crazy feeling to have two kids! I can't believe how alert Baby Jane is in the hospital. I love her hair. Gorgeous!

Jensen Family said...

Congrats on the new little one! She is adorable and so is little Emery! What a cute family you have! I am so glad that I got your blog address from Trine's blog! It's been such a long time. Hope you get some rest!