3/6/09

Cook Books




I've done something that hopefully will inspire me to be a more adventurous cook. I try to plan out my meals for 3 or 4 weeks or so simply because I HATE deciding what to have. I hate it so much it inspires me to sit down once a month and write down what our family will be eating for the following weeks. I often look back at past calendars and steal ideas from past days. We eat the same things a lot. So, I've put up a couple shelves in my kitchen on which to display my novelty cookbooks - ones I have hardly ever looked in. Hopefully this will encourage me to take a peek at them every once in a while and make something completely new and exotic - o.k., maybe not too exotic, Kevin says I'm a picky eater.

Anyway - here's how the shelves turned out:
You'll never guess what I used for the shelves...































Any guesses?
























Well now this getting to be one of those annoying emails that you have to "scroll down for the answer"...

















And it's going to be a little more anti-climatic than I planned...











I'll just tell you :) - When we bought our new "over the range" microwave a couple weeks ago it came packed with some really thick cardboard pieces in an elbow/shelf shape and I asked Kevin to save them for me - I just knew I could use them somehow! And then I saw this idea on the TV and destiny was born.


Cardboard packing material, dusty cookbooks and a little paint = a FREE kitchen improvement!


5 comments:

Jodi said...

Such a good idea! Looks cute

Misty said...

We should have a recipe exchange day....everyone bring their favorite recipes and share them. I hate planning meals too. Keep us posted on whether or not this inspires you!

Janie said...

I'm totally with you. My least favorite thing to do is meal plan. Share some of your favorites you've discovered! Your shelves look great too - way to be resourceful!!

Unknown said...

these shelves are ADORABLE!!! I LOVE THEM! I couldnt really picture them tonight when we were talking, but they are too cute!! Nice work ~ and way to recycle!!! :)

Lindsay said...

I saw this Idea too, I want to do it so bad. I can't believe how clever you are with your shelves, Way to go!