3/7/08

Easter Craft

Just wanted to show the latest crafty thing I've been working on. The "winter blues" are officially over for me...I haven't crafted anything since last fall! It's high-time I did something again. Found this idea on Martha Stewart's website. I did love her show and am sad that they don't show it around here except for at 2 o'clock in the morning on channel 5 - another Trave-sham-mockery I say. Her website has great ideas though. Anyway, here's the link for the easter eggs I tried and a picture of the first one I did. Wish I had a better camera and a better set-up to really show what it's like. (Suzanne, I'm jealous and need you!:)http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/easter-crafts-and-treats?lnc=a489cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=lpg_holiday&currentslide=1&currentChapter=1&chapterCounter=2&lpgStart=1&adnumber=0#lpg


There aren't very good directions on her site, so her'e how I did it if anyone wants to know:

I just started with the basic plastic eater egg that you put candy in, used some white perle cotton thread and Martha's basic craft glue from Michaels. It turned out better than I thought! The light blue of the egg shows through, so it doesn't look like just plain white thread. I just put a big dab of glue at the top with the end of the thread, waited for it to dry then covered the top half of the egg with glue and started wrapping the thread till about half-way down. Then I just flipped it over and started the process again till the whole egg was completely covered in the thread. (You can find perle cotton thread at any craft store near the embroidery floss)

4 comments:

The Southwicks said...

Hey Eric, cute idea! I just wanted to let you know i should have your shirts to you by this weekend. For somereason it took the company a long time to fill the, and i have to get someone to help me get the boxes and get them passed, so you will get them soon, sorry for the wait!

Dawn said...

Erin,

Those are such a cute idea. I hope you have a good birthday this weekend. I will try to call.

Critchfield fam said...

Way cute!! Great idea!

Megan said...

Fun - I need another hobby!