11/11/08

Migraine Anyone?

Unfortunately, I think I've entered the world of Migraines. For the past few weeks I have noticed getting a terrible headache on the days I exercised, obviously discouraging me from working out as often as I should. Yesterday I did a 45 minute "Body Sculpt with Gilad" (Recorded from "FitTV") that I love. Gilad is my new best friend - except when his workouts give me headaches! After my workout, Emery was begging to watch "Ariel", so I decided I'd give us both a break and let her watch it if she helped me straighten up the house. While we were cleaning the Library, I started feeling a little nauseous and my vision was blurred and I could see some sparkly lights in my left eye. I didn't feel terrible, but I knew enough about migraines, that what I was feeling might be the beginning of one. I denied the fact that I might actually be getting one and continued cleaning. I took some Tylenol and showered and still felt terrible so I lied down. Long story short, Kevin had to come home with some Excedrin and I lied in bed for 3 hours before I felt better. I have very rarely had a headache that Tylenol didn't cure. I've done a little research on Exercise induced Headaches and know hardly anything about Migraines...oh, and I'm still nursing. Anybody have any good ideas or advice?

5 comments:

Welcome said...

Ahhhhh, Erin! Scary. I don't know anything about it but I'm pretty certain stars aren't good. Migraines aren't good. Hope you can get it figured out soon. Keep us posted.

Sarah said...

Ouch!!! I had one a last month that made my physical head hurt for a week. I went to the Dr and he said it was tension...gee being a first year teacher...he gave me a muscle relaxer and every once in awhile I take it. My vote is to go to the Dr ASAP. It's not safe for you to have such bad migraines (is there such a thing as good migraines?) and have 2 little ones at home. Wish I was there to help watch the kiddos while you went to the Doc. Sometimes putting an ice pack/can of cold soda where it hurts the most helps.
Sarah
PS-will you post your Thanksgiving rolls recipe you made in V-town? They were good :)

erica said...

my thoughts - do a long warm up and a good cool down. hydration. lots of water. eat a little before. eat a little after. and sometimes, I take Ibuprofen before exercise so as to not deal with the pain after. good luck!

The Lassen Family said...

I only had migraines last year, when I had that stupid tumor in my sinus cavity.....hmmmmm....---Just kidding!!! (about the hmmmm part anyway). Sometimes hormone stuff will bring it on too. So sorry for you--it is miserable.

Anonymous said...

I use to get migraines and I would lay my head on the cold tile floor...that always made me feel a little better