11/14/08

Fun Fall Festivities

First, our fallen leaves - not sure they're a"fun" fall activity, but there aren't many things I love more than crispy fallen leaves under my feet on a cool fall afternoon. These are our 13 bags of leaves we picked up just in time for the big snow storm. This picture was taken 2 hours after we filled the 13 bags...we now have 20 bags that we are slowly puting in our garbage can when it has room. I absolutely love our shadey trees, I just didn't realize how much work they would require in the fall (Thanks Kev for doing the most of it!:).Here are my cute girls in their costumes - a frog and a jack-o-lantern. Emery had to wear her Ariel princess shoes for the picture - she is obsessed with them! I just love my sweet Jane - she is always smiling at me and is very mild-mannered - who can resist those dimples!?

It has been fun to watch Emery get into the holidays - she's already really excited about our neighbor's display of Christmas decorations and lights. On Halloween, Kevin and I both took turns taking her around to a few houses. She really had a good time, but when we ran into some of her friends, she just wanted to go play with them. So she only made it to a few houses for candy and unfortunately the kids she played with after raided her bucket and she was only left with a few pieces...great friends, eh? Oh well, but this is probably the last year she won't notice:). One of our favorite things was hearing her say "spooky" - her version - "sperky". Pretty cute!

Here Emery's ready to hop and Jane is doing her crunches - she's going to have a 6 pack soon!


Typical Lundgreen pumpkin - the "Y"


Our neighbors helped us serve doughnuts and hot chocolate out of our garage to trick-or-treaters on halloween. I think we had about 50 kids and parents come by. It was really fun to get to know a few of our neighbors a little better and a couple young teenagers came by a couple of times - I could tell they really liked it:) You can also see Kevin is wearing shorts and a t-shirt - Halloween was unseasonably warm - I think the high was 76 that day!



Here's our pumpkin-man...his head started to rot on Halloween and leaked pumpkin juice all over his body - pretty grose, but it added a nice touch for the evening - it made him look more scary!


This is the invitation I made for a halloween party we invited neighbors to - it's a severed finger...hee hee hee.
These are some of our new neighbors who came to our party. My friend Janna was an oven 'cause she had a "bun in the oven" - her husband was the baker:) We had a great time playing the candybar game and halloween scatagories. We had guessing jars and watched a sperky Alfred Hitchcock episode. ooohh... (yes, I was a wench again...I need to work on my creativity)
Happy Fall everyone! It won't last much longer - so let's enjoy every minute!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Your Halloween looks like it was a blast. I always loved the stops with the donuts and the hot cocoa. You are a very creative person so that isn't a very good excuse for being a wench again. I will accept the fact that you are a busy mom however.
I love all of the pictures of your girls bellow. They are so cute. Miss you we still haven't gotten together. My birthday only kind of counts and that was months ago. Miss you!