11/11/08

Pumpkin Cookies


WARNING: You may want to eat the whole batch. If you don't want that, then plan on giving some away!

1/2 C shortening (I used butter flavored Crisco 'cause that's what I had)
1 1/8 C sugar
1 small can pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 C butterscotch chips
1 C chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets
2. In a medium bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture. Then mix in the butterscotch and chocolate chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for a minute on cookie sheet before transferring to wire cooling racks.
4. They are best eaten cool or even from the fridge!

(The above recipe is exactly how I do it. The basic recipe can be found at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Cookies-I/Detail.aspx - I wanted to use a whole can of pumpkin, so I added more sugar and flour and included nutmeg and chocolate chips for preference)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yummy, those look so good. I wish I had some ambition to cook. Sorry about your migraines. I always get tension headaches that start in my neck and travel up to my head. As soon as I feel one coming one I grab some ben gay and rub on my neck. Hope you get feeling better soon.